Find The Right Project Management Software
Have you ever been communicating with your team via text or skype and it seems like you are getting nothing done? Well, the truth is you probably aren’t. The game changer that you are looking for comes in the way of a solid and robust project management software. It doesn’t matter if you are simply dealing with email and working with one employee or a large outsourced team, you need to be able to effectively communicate and manage all your company’s tasks from one place. With this in mind, we are going to dive deep into what makes a great project management software, and give you some great options to try and test out to find the perfect project management software for your team.
Stop relying on Skype when it comes to talking to your virtual assistant team
We love Skype, it’s a program we can use time and again and know that it will work, or so we hope. Let us be honest, Skype is an amazing technology, but when you get on a call of three or more, Skype starts to break down. Skype is great for calling family or for a one on one with one of your team members, but it’s not designed to be a project management software, so now is the time to stop using it for this purpose. Open up to change in your communication and project management software and you will not be disappointed.
What to look for in project management software
What would make a good project management software?
- First and foremost, you are going to need a platform that is stable and allows you to work and communicate with your assistants and clients alike. The top systems can enable you to communicate on each individual task or project, always keeping the conversation in the right place. This reduces the need to search through endless emails to find that email with the passcodes or pertinent info that you need at the moment.
- Secondly, you are going to want your project management software to be able to handle documents of all sorts including word, excel, emails, Google Suite and even PDF’s. You never know what kind of documents you may need to send via this software. Believe me, it is a pain in the butt to track and send documents when you have to swap between systems.
- Your system should keep all your documents in the right place, preferably right on the task or project they are needed on.
- Have a tagging system that can tag tasks and files so they can be easily found without a long search. This is especially important if your company works on lots of different projects every year. Instead of searching through your tasks and files you can simply search by tag, saving you time.
- A client portal or privacy system so you can allow clients to log in and get updates anytime they want all the while hiding any information you don’t want them to see. This reduces the need to send frequent updates, this is easier on both you, your team and the client.
- Get progress updates without the need to schedule a progress meeting or sending out emails to your team. Good project management system can give you status updates on the projects you care about or give you a project dashboard with all the stats you need.
- Assign tasks to team members. Every good system will have the ability to assign tasks to your team with milestones and expected finish date. Having the ability to set reminders and status updates and have them sent your email is also helpful.
- Project management or to-do list section where all your projects and tasks live and the ability to check off tasks when they are done.
- Next, you will need to ensure that this software is going to work for both your own computer, as well as the team you are working with. Are they running mac or windows, is the software web based, or will it depend on the operating system? You will probably want a cloud-based system, this will always keep the system up to date and with the latest security patches.
These are all a good starting point for any good team management software. No need to complicate your life, find the right system that is designed to make your life easier. Below we will show you some of the top systems out there.
Some great options on the market today
There some amazing options in today’s marketplace for any company and need, and we have collected some of the best to showcase.
The possibilities are endless.
Finding the right project management software for your team can be tough, but once you find it, you are going to be enjoying seamless communication and management for your company’s projects. With this kind of software, your ability to work remotely with your Canadian virtual assistant, or any web-based team will increase exponentially. Now it is up to you to find the perfect fit.